As part of the Beaumont Foundation’s ongoing commitment to supporting education, the Wayne A. Reaud Excellence in Education Award was created to celebrate and recognize superior contributions of teachers whose leadership and dedication inspire a spirit of learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities. Fifteen teachers are selected annually to receive this prestigious Award in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the education system of Southeast Texas. Each Award Recipient will be honored at an awards gala and receive a crystal obelisk, a portrait and $10,000.
Reaud Excellence in Education candidates must:
- Have completed five years teaching experience.
- Be a full-time classroom teacher at a public or non-public school in Jefferson, Orange, Hardin, Tyler, Jasper, or Newton County whose responsibility is the direct instruction of students.
Reaud Excellence in Education candidates should exemplify the highest standards and practices of the teaching profession. These qualities include but are not limited to:
- Dedication, knowledge, and skill.
- The expertise to inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities;
- A demonstrated distinguished classroom practice;
- Professionalism and collegiality;
- High standards for themselves and their students;
- The ability to create a classroom environment conducive to learning;
- Commitment to students and their learning;
- The respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues;
- Contribution to the wider school community
SOURCE: The Rcord Live